The mission of the KAFP is to promote access to and
excellence in health care for all Kansans through education and advocacy for
family physicians and their patients.
KAFP and its members are committed to care that is…
• Equitable for all people;
• Centered on the whole person within the context of family and community;
• Based on science, technology, and best available evidence;
• Supported by lifelong professional learning; and
• Grounded in respect and compassion for the individual.
KAFP’s Vision is to transform health care to achieve optimal health for all Kansans.
OBJECTIVE 1: ADVOCACY - Shape health care policy through interactions with government, the public, business, and the health care industry.
1) Advance the Patient Centered Medical Home.
2) Increase payment to family physicians.
3) Increase the family physician workforce in Kansas.
4) Involve family physicians in targeted public health advocacy.
OBJECTIVE 2: PRACTICE ENHANCEMENT - Enhance members’ abilities to fulfill their practice and career goals.
1) Assist members to thrive in the current practice environment while preparing and transforming their practices to meet future needs.
2) Promote ongoing imperative for practice change through education and communication.
OBJECTIVE 3: EDUCATION - Promote high-quality, innovative education for physicians, residents, and medical students that encompasses the art, science, evidence, and socioeconomics of family medicine.
1) Increase the number of members and non-members who utilize KAFP Continuing Medical Education in pursuit of lifelong learning.
2) Increase funding streams for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing medical education.
OBJECTIVE 4: HEALTH OF THE PUBLIC - Assume a leadership role in health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management.
1) Involve family physicians in targeted public health activities.